Ralph Vaughan Williams     沃恩威廉斯

Songs of Travel   旅行之歌

6. The Infinite Shining Heavens    無限閃爍的天際

The infinite shining heavens

   無盡閃耀的天空

Rose, and I saw in the night

   升起,我在夜裡得見

Uncountable angel stars

   數不清的天使之星

Showering sorrow and light.

   撒下憂傷與光芒。

 

I saw them distant as heaven,

   我見它們在遠遠的天邊,

Dumb and shining and dead,

   靜靜的閃耀之後消逝,

And the idle stars of the night

   這夜空裡閒散的星辰

Were dearer to me than bread.

   較之食糧更顯可貴。

 

Night after night in my sorrow

   哀愁夜復一夜的我

The stars looked over the sea,

   星光閃耀越過海洋,

Till lo! I looked in the dusk      

   看!我望著薄暮

And a star had come down to me.

   一宿星斗朝我降了下來。

​版權所有,轉載請註明出處及版權。